Warwick Wine Estate has an exclusively vegan picnic experience that is so unique and tranquil that you’ll be finding an excuse to go back at the soonest available moment!
Address: R44 between Stellenbosh and Klapmuts
Hours: Mon-Sun 12pm-2pm (which is when they will serve the picnic baskets)
Situated in the gorgeous winelands of Stellenbosh, Warwick Wine Estate boasts (amongst other attractions) a picnic experience that (depending on when and what you book for) can be different every time.
There are several areas to choose to picnic in, and we ended up choosing the “Picnic Pods” which saw us tucked away under a sort of gazebo-like structure which ensured our privacy.
As we had pre-ordered (when booking) we were met with a drinks menu from our friendly waitron who then proceeded to bring us our vegan picnic basket.
The baskets are R550 for two people (or R300 for a single basket), and although pricey, is totally worth the overall experience.
The contents include:
- Heirloom Tomato, Mange Tout and Butter Bean Salad
- Fresh Crunchy Seasonal Salad
- Baby Potato, Red Onion and Fried Caper Salad tossed in Olive Oil and Wholegrain Mustard
- Brussel Sprout, Artichoke Heart and Tofu Salad
- Love Ponies Onion Marmalade
- Vegan Cheese
- Smoked Margarine
- Herbed Stretched Homemade Bread
- Tzatziki, Hummus & Olives
Exquisite summer experience, and well worth travelling to Stellenbosch for. Booking is essential so make sure to book ahead to avoid disappointment!