A Touch of Madness? More like a stroke of genius! When a quirky and eclectic neighbourhood bar recognizes the need to cater for its vegan patrons, then you know the world is changing one restaurant/bar/eatery at a time.
Address: 12 Nutall Rd, Observatory
Hours: Closed Mon, 12pm-10pm Tue-Sat, 12pm-5pm Sun
“Obs” is fast becoming one of the biggest tourist attractions this city has to offer in terms of it’s diverse and ever-changing melting pot of cultures, rituals, practices and dietary choices. Essentially it’s an anything-goes suburb where everyone feels welcomed and accepted.
This is where A Touch of Madness fits in nicely, providing its services as a bar and/or restaurant that caters to all sorts, including us vegans!
Here is what they currently offer (as per their online menu):
- Spring Rolls, two large vegetable spring rolls served w/sweet chilli dipping sauce (R25)
- Veg Samoosas, three curry samoosas made locally by a Woodstock tannie (R25)
- Veg Mezze Platter, (vegan option available) R80
- Tacos w/Refried Beans, (vegan option available) R80
- Burrito w/Refried Beans, (vegan option available) R80
- Meditteranean-Filled Pita w/Falafel Balls, (vegan option available) R68
- Veg Burger, (vegan option available) R68
Although this menu is available throughout their trading hours, they have a lunch menu that excludes sides from Tuesday-Friday if you want a cheaper option.
And if this isn’t enough they have daily specials:
- Taco Tuesday, Bean Taco & half a pint/glass of wine* (R90)
- Thirsty Thursday, free Samoosa with your first pint before 8pm
- Sunday Funday, Veggie Burger & half a pint/glass of wine* (R90)
*just make sure they are vegan-friendly – ask x
Also – they are closed on a Monday! Just saying.
Check out A Touch of Madness on: