Rootbar is the new kid in town with a variety of vegan options (putting larger “health” chains to shame!). They take pride in the lengths they will go to to ensure they deliver an earth to table experience by working closely with growers, coffee roasters, producers and suppliers to bring all of us seasonal, sustainable organic and ethical meals/beverages.
Address: 31 Dean St, Newlands
Hours: 7am-5pm Mon-Fri, 8am-2pm Sat, Closed Sun
The menu at Rootbar is very vegan-friendly and listed below are only a few of the highlights:
- A range of Freshly Pressed Juices – all vegan ranging in price from R32 – R52
- A range of Power House Blends & Smoothies – of which there are 9 vegan options ranging in price from R48 – R58
- A range of House Favourite Smoothies including a Vegan Vanilla Milkshake (tofu, cashew milk, banana, peanut butter) for R38 (small) or R44 (large)
- Shots of ginger with optional added extras
- A Vegan Raw Lasagna (R32)
- Chia Party (Raw V) (parfait of chia seeds, topped w/berry coulis, cashew milk, crunchy nut granola) R50
- Three Nut Milks (R50 each) of which the Chocolate Almond one sounds like a winner!
- Truth Coffee
Leave some comments if you’ve been to let me know what you thought.
Before you go, check out my Eateries by Map page and don’t forget to pop on over to my YouTube channel as well! If you’re feeling generous and want to help me with the upkeep of this all (because I do it all for free), then click on my Patreon link.