Salt in Kalk Bay is known for their “small plates” of which they have a few vegan options.
Address: 136 Main Rd, Kalk Bay
Hours: 6:30am-11pm Mon-Sun
The owner, Nic Mcleod, has assured me that they are vegan-friendly and served the following small plates:
- flash-fried zucchini with kale pesto
- cauliflower couscous spun in a homemade herb paste & roasted pistachios
- winter slaw w/3 different carrots, cabbage, fennel and pawpaw
- sugar snap peas flashed in chilli oil w/mint salt
- patatas bravas served w/tomato reduction
Their mains vary, and you may find items such as a curried lentil salad served w/pickled onion, radish & beetroots on the menu and a sorbet or vegan ice cream “of the day”.
Convinced yet? If you’ve been, please leave a comment below – let me know if there are any dishes worth pointing out/trying and share your experience with me so I can share it with others.
Before you go, check out my Eateries by Map page and don’t forget to pop on over to my YouTube channel as well! If you’re feeling generous and want to help me with the upkeep of this all (because I do it all for free), then click on my Patreon link.