There’s only one way to describe Skinny Legs and that’s ‘minimalist’. If that’s your vibe you’ll love it. If it’s not, then… well… it could get awkward. Known for its trendy clientele, it is often filled with models during the height of the Cape Town summer season.
I have one big issue though, and that’s portion size. For the price you are paying, it is definitely more for people with… well… skinny legs! Still – it might appeal to some – so here are the deets:
Address: 70 Loop St, City Centre
Hours: 7am-4pm Mon-Fri, 8:30am-2pm Sat, closed Sun
BREAKFAST (served all day)
- Coconut Quinoa – coconut milk porridge, cinnamon, baked seasonal fruit (R70)
- Avo Toast – fresh tomato, rocket, mixed seeds (R55)
- Tahini Toast – banana, hemp seeds (R50)
LUNCH (served from 11am)
- Quinoa Bowl – aubergine, almonds, avo, coriander, mint (R75)
- Tokyo Bowl – brown rice, radish, cucumber, mushroom, miso citrus dressing (R70)
- Soup – daily special: rye or sourdough toast (R60)
- Zucchini Linguini – zucchini noodles, macadamia nut pesto, roasted tomatoes (R65)
A variety of drinks such as freshly squeezed juices (R32 each), and only one vegan-friendly smoothie (the Genie for R42) as all the other smoothies either have honey or Greek yoghurt in them.
Their hot drinks are totally overpriced:
- cup of hot almond milk (R45!?)
- almond milk cappuccino (R37)
- almond milk latte (R47)
- almond milk matcha cappuccino (R50)
- almond milk matcha latte (R60 – not even kidding)
You aren’t going to leave here without paying roughly R250 for two people (breakfast or lunch with drinks), so if you’re cool with that, then knock yourself out.
Before you go, check out my Eateries by Map page and don’t forget to pop on over to my YouTube channel as well! If you’re feeling generous and want to help me with the upkeep of this all (because I do it all for free), then click on my Patreon link.