Sea Point has a new 100% vegan eatery. Blink it and you’ll miss it! Situated between Clicks and the Three Anchor Bay Medical Suite (at the bottom of Glengarriff Road), The Sunshine Food Co. is the new kid on the block.
Address: 6 Main Rd, Sea Point
Hours: 8am-8pm Mon-Sun
There is probably only seating space for 5 people max, so it is more of a grab-and-go kind of joint, although if you go at a quiet time it’s perfect to sit and watch the world go by on the busy main road.
The Sunshine Food Co. is the brainchild of Elisha Madzivadondo and his wife, Abigail. And their son has even been roped in to do some of their graphic design work, making it a family affair.
They simply serve gorgeous burgers and smoothies and juices all made from the freshest ingredients right in front of your eyes.
They are currently running a Winter Special on all their juices (R25/35):
- Energy Juice – beetroot, ginger, celery, carrot, apple, lemon
- Wow Juice – pineapple, orange, carrot, apple, lemon
- Green Juice – spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger
- Ginger Royal – apple, carrot, lemon, ginger
- Lemonade – apple, lemon
And their smoothies retail for R30/40:
- Fruity Smoothie – strawberry, blackberry, banana, apple, pineapple
- Passion Smoothie – mango, passion fruit, banana, apple, pineapple
- Green Smoothie – spinach, cucumber, avocado, pineapple, apple
- Bun-Less Veggie Burger R80
- Veggie Burger in a Wrap R80
- Veggie Burger on Roll R80
After having tried their burger, I have to say that it is my new favourite vegan burger in the Mother City, which is a high honour considering I am burger obsessed!
Give The Sunshine Food Co. a try and let me know what you think. It’s definitely an establishment that deserves our fullest support!
Before you go, check out my Eateries by Map page and don’t forget to pop on over to my YouTube channel as well! If you’re feeling generous and want to help me with the upkeep of this all (because I do it all for free), then click on my Patreon link (for as little as R12 a month).