November 1st was World Vegan Day, and Tessa’s Bakery in Milnerton invited my friends and I around to celebrate the launch of their new range of vegan treats!
Address: Milpark Centre, Jasmin Rd, Milnerton
Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri, 8am-2pm Sat, closed Sun
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Des, Tessa’s daughter and led to the private “cake” room where our own World Vegan Day feast had been laid out. There was possibly more cake than 5 humans were able to manage, but we were going to give it a good shot!
I’m going to make this SUPER SIMPLE, because there is no point on elaborating on perfection.
- EVERYTHING was perfect and completely different (in terms of taste, texture, level of sweetness, level of richness, etc.) – there is LITERALLY something for EVERYONE in terms of preferences.
- We’re going to jump straight to the pictures because that’s all the matters.
- Then the details of each creation.
- Then the extra info!
- Vegan Carrot Cake – carrot cake made with fresh carrots, fruity hints of apple and orange, nuts and aromatic spices, filled and topped with a vegan buttercream icing
- Vegan Hummingbird Cake – a subtle banana and pineapple cake filled and topped with a vegan buttercream icing
- Chocolate Berry Drip Cake – moist and decadent chocolate cake, filled with a berry coulis, covered in a vegan chocolate fudge buttercream, a dark chocolate ganache and topped with Aquafaba macarons, berries and Zang chocolates
- World Vegan Day Vegan Vanilla Cake – vanilla cake filled and topped with Aquafaba Swiss Meringue Buttercream, topped with edible print and decorated with homemade vegan sprinkles
- Vegan Brownies
- Chocolate Cupcakes – chocolate cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing
To see a full list of which vegan cakes Tessa’s Bakery currently has on order, you can check out their website.
Their Hummingbird and Carrot Cakes can be made gluten-free upon request when ordering a whole cake for an extra R50.
They have also added a CHRISTMAS CAKE (!) for the festive season!
Tessa’s Bakery is one of the few bakeries in Cape Town that caters for the vegan market and it is one that I will go out of my way to recommend based on the selection and quality of cakes they offer. A hidden gem!
LINKS to Tessa’s Bakery…