Let’s count down the top ten starting from the 10th most read:
10. Kauai always had vegan menu items. But they were the kind of menu items that needed to be “veganised” without any reduction in price. I announced that Kauai finally joined the growing trend and added specifically vegan items to their menu. Click here to see the original post.
9. Shortly after the V&A’s Cooked announced their Middle Eastern and Meditteranean vegan options, Balducci announced an entirely vegan menu featuring over 50 vegan dishes. Click here to see the original post.
8. I wrote a post called Yay, A New Vegan Product! – mocking online trolls who feel it their duty to always view the glass as half empty. Click here to see the original post.
7. Beluga in the Foreshore area has proven itself to be Cape Town’s number one option for vegan sushi and Instagram users seem to definitely agree, often posting photos of their legendary Tofu Crunch. Click here to see the original post.
6. Having only opened very recently, Yo Goodness Café in Table View has already proven itself to be popular and makes sure that ravenous vegans get their fill along the West Coast. Click here to see the original post.
5. Fans of gluten-free and refined sugar-free vegan options could finally breathe a sigh of relief when Flourish Bistro opened in Woodstock. Think of owner, Johanna de Groot, as South Africa’s Deliciously Ella. Click here to see the original post.
4. Sticking to the gluten-free vegan options: SA’s vegan pioneers, Mary-Ann and Mark Shearer opened a branch of their exceptional Mary-Ann’s Emporium & Eatery in Mouille Point, giving the neighbourhood its first 100% vegan eatery. Click here to see the original post.
3. Think its tough to find vegan options on a Sunday when many eateries seem to be closed? Think again! I compiled a list that has proven to be a very popular resource. Click here to see the original post.
2. It’s no surprise that the second most popular post was the Vegan Christmas Shopping List I compiled, the aim of which was two-fold: to take the guesswork out of the festive season in terms of gifts and catering, as well as promoting vegan-friendly enterprises who have worked so hard to provide us with great products throughout the year. Click here to see the original post.
1 . By far the most read story on this blog during 2018 was this April piece I wrote about the new vegan (and gluten-free) menu at what has become one of the most popular spots in Cape Town: Jessy’s Waffles. Click here to see the original post.
Thank you for all your support over the last year. I have a feeling that 2019 is going to be a goodie!
Please follow me on Instagram.