Soët Societ Cafe in Durbanville is well-known for its vegan-friendly cakes. I have to admit that while I haven’t yet been, the photos of their Vegan Chocolate Log has me drooling every time!
Great news though: they have just launched a new summer menu that includes several savoury vegan options!
Address: Cnr Oxford Rd & Wellington Rd, Durbanville
Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri, 8am-3pm Sat, closed Sun
The new options include:
- Vegan Bowl – vegan nuggets, vegan cheese, hummus, avo on a bed of brown rice or quinoa (R96)
- The Vegan Sarmie – smashed chickpeas, grilled veg & roast tomato w/handcut chips (R48)
- Vegan Cheese Burger – vegan patty w/vegan cheese & bacon perfectly finished w/pesto, hummus w/handcut chips/salad (R95)
- Grilled Vegan Stack – baked portobello mushroom stacked w/grilled peppers, zucchini, hummus, sweet potato and butternut, w/a black bean salad (R82)
- Vegan Loaded Sweet Potato – bursts of sweet potato loaded w/kale and black beans, topped w/basil pesto (R64)
- Vegan Bomb Wrap – beetroot, chickpeas, fried peppers, hummus & avo w/handcut chips/salad (R96)
They also suggest “losing the cheese” to make the Vegetarian Wrap (R65) fully vegan. I hope that this comes with a discount for the omission of the dairy cheese.
I haven’t tried any of these options yet, but can’t wait to!