When you get home and Bae has made a vegan risotto as well as HOMEMADE bread!
This baby was so popular on Instagram that I was asked to share the recipe.
So here goes:
– 4 1/2 cups brown flour bread (600g)
– 3 tsp salt
– 10g instant dried yeast
– 1 cup oats (80g)
– 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (80g)
– 1/4 cup molasses (80g)
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil
– 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
– 1 cup All Bran flakes (55g)
1. Grease a 12x25cm loaf tin
2. Sift the flour (adding back the bran that is caught in the sieve) and mix in the salt, yeast, oats and sunflower seeds.
3. Add the molasses, oil, and water and stir well. Now add the All Bran flakes and mix well.
4. Spoon the batter into the tin and put in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the top with a few more sunflower seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 220ºC for 40-45 minutes.
6. Remove from the tin (and burn yourself like I always end up doing)
7. Cool on a wire rack before slicing (otherwise, it will fall apart like it does with me cos I can’t wait to eat it).
I spread mine with some vegan butter, using the Urban Vegan brand.
P.S. Ask me for recipes, send me suggestions of places to go eat at or tell me what you’d like to see on the site. Let’s make this a website for Capetonians and everyone wanting to enjoy a vegan experience in the Mother City. Peace Xx