- 4x slices of bread (whichever floats your boat)
- margarine (I use Cardin or Olé)
- tomato – sliced
- olive oil
- 1/2 tin baked beans
- 4x vegetarian sausages (I use Fry’s Traditional Sausages)
- 4x hash browns (I use Pick ‘n Pay’s Sweet Chilli Hash Browns)
- freshly squeezed OJ
- see “Variations” below for more ideas
- Preheat grill with rack 15-20cm below and place some olive oil in a frying pan to heat up. Put your baked beans in a microwavable bowl and leave them in the microwave so they are ready to be warmed right at the end. Get your toast ready in the toaster with the margarine on standby.
- Place the sausages under the hot grill for 8-10 minutes while you fry your hash browns in the pan.
- After about 4 minutes add the tomatoes to the pan to fry those and turn the sausages under the grill just once.
- After 2 minutes turn the microwave on (for about 2 minutes) and get the toaster going! When the toast pops out, spread some margarine on it immediately.
- Grow 8 arms and legs as you juggle plating everything at the same time.
- Take a bow and enjoy!
- You could add mushrooms to the mix if you so wish.
- Add a good squeeze of tomato sauce on top of everything if that’s your vibe.
- You could add some vegan cheese either into the baked beans, or on the toast.
- You could use some left over soya bolognese mince from the night before.
- You could do some scrambled tofu – which I might do a recipe for sometime!
THE OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS!
Add your comments below once you have tried this, or give me some suggestions or modifications to the recipe. Peace xx
I love trying out new recipes and hunting for the best ones out there. If you are desperate for a recipe, let me know, and I’m happy to try one out for you. Sometimes it’s difficult to find “South African” versions of vegan recipes that contain weird ingredients that have yet to touch our shores. Whether its cupcakes or a spaghetti bolognese, just leave a comment below, or send me a message via the contact page. Peace xx