For the lasagna:
- lasagna sheets (I only needed about 6)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium baby marrow, chopped
- 1 small bag frozen peas
- a generous handful or two of spinach
- 2x 400g tomato and basil pasta sauce (I used Ina Paarman)
For the tofu ricotta:
- 2x pkg firm tofu, drained
- large tub hummus
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 180C. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add noodles and cook just until al dente (+-8min). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a large pan. Once hot, add baby marrow, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Add frozen peas and spinach and saute for another 5-10 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Place drained tofu in a large bowl. Crumble with hands/fork. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir together with a fork until it’s semi-smooth and resembles ricotta cheese.
- Place about a cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with 2-3 noodles. Next, add half of the ricotta mixture and half of the vegetable mixture. Top with a heaping cup (or more) of sauce. Repeat with more noodles, tofu mixture, and veggies. Then top with one last layer of noodles and another cup and a half of sauce. Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 30 minutes.