Olive Branch Deli is a favourite amongst the folk in Gardens as it has a wide range of specifically vegan merchandise!
Address: Shop G5-2, Lifestyle on Kloof, Gardens
Hours: 10am-6pm Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm Sat, Closed Sun
I recently contacted Omeros Demetriou (Ommy), owner of the cute little Olive Branch Deli store to ask him if there were any vegan options after spying a Facebook post online regarding vegan croissants.
He promptly replied with quite a substantial list!
- Mayonaise – That Mayo
- Herb De Provence; Mild; Mature Cashew Nut Cheese – Utopia
- Cashew Nut Yoghurt – Utopia
- Coconut Yoghurt – The Coconut Yoghurt Company
- Coconut Yoghurt – Bolgari Foods
- Croissants; Bread; Wraps – Freedom Bakery
- Wraps – Coconut Connections
- Cookies, Biscuits & Crackers- Coconut Connection, The Flying Whale
- Meals; Soups; Sauces – Whole Earth Project
- Cakes; Kefir; Chocolate Bars; Brownies – Thank Goodness Foods
- Chocolate Bars – Sjukla, Vivani, Gay’s Decadence, Pacari, Soaring Superfoods
- Tempeh; Miso; Tofu – Fabulous Ferments, Whole Earth Project
- Ready Meals – Imported from Italy (Organic)
- Fire Tonic (no honey) – Aceso Culture
- Doughnuts – That Doughnut Guy
- Meringues – Mother City Meringues
- Milk – The Almond Creamery
- Mushroom Biltong – Culture Mushrooms
- Coconut Bacon – Faken Bacon
- Various Vegan Treats – Antonia’s
How’s THAT for a list?! And if you are wondering about some of the producers of these amazing items, Ommy and his sister Hélène have dedicated a lot of time to giving each distributor a backstory on their Olive Branch Deli website.
Next time you are in the Gardens/Kloof Street area make sure to pop into this gem of a place which is tucked away next to the Woolworths on the ground floor level.
Anyone for a croissant?